Norwich Public Utilities believes that utility education is important, not only for promoting safety, but also encouraging energy efficiency and environmental stewardship. Starting at a young age, it’s important that we learn to be safe around utilities, especially electricity, and to respect our natural resources and our environment. To help accomplish this goal, NPU offers a variety of resources to deliver these messages to any audience.
We at NPU have a wealth of knowledge on topics including electrical and natural gas safety, energy efficiency and renewable energy sources, meter reading and metering information, legislative and industry changes that impact the utilities market or general utility information. Our topical expert will come to your meeting, classroom, club, etc. and speak on the subject you choose.
(Locations must be in NPU service territory)
Tilly, NPU’s robotic utility van, is a great way to get safety or other utility education messages to the younger children. If you would like Tilly to visit your pre-school, classroom or attend your community even, complete and return the request form.
(Location must be in NPU service territory.)
NPU offers tours of our 10th Street hydroelectric generation facility, Greeneville fish lift, Deep River reservoir and water treatment plant, and the wastewater treatment plant. To schedule a tour for your school group, complete the form.
- Space is limited. Group size may be limited depending on the location.
- All locations are primarily outside. Plan accordingly for the weather.
- All locations are working locations. If work is underway at the site that affects the normal tour process, the tour may not be scheduled.
- Tours are held during normal business hours.
- Periodically NPU offers tours of our facilities to the general public. These tours will be publicized on our website and in the local newspaper.
- We reserve the right to deny any request that will result in safety concerns.